Table of Contents Hide
- Some Quick Facts About Triphala
- What is Triphala?
- What are the Triphala Benefits Would Help You Out In?
- 1. Are You Having Digestion Problems? Start with Triphala for The Ultimate Cure
- 2. For Balancing The Three Doshas
- 3. Want to Reduce Some Weight? Triphala is Also Effective for Such People
- 4. Removes Toxins Out of The Body
- 5. Triphala as an Immune Booster
- 6. Having High Cholesterol Levels? Begin With Triphala to Maintain It
- 7. For Protection from Bacterial and Viral Infections
- 8. Helps in Prevention of Some Cancers
- 9. For Improving Vision
- 10. Having Hair Problems? Triphala Can Help You With It
- 11. For Reducing Pain and Blockages
- 12. Facing Dental Problems or Cavities? Triphala is Helpful In that Too
- What is The Best Way to Take Triphala?
- What Are The Side Effects of Triphala?
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Some Quick Facts About Triphala
- Triphala comes with amazing antioxidant properties that help in reducing toxicity and stress on the liver.
- Triphala is helpful for the people suffering from disorders related to the nervous system.
- It is a complete solution for all the digestive problems.
- Whether you are suffering from any kind of respiratory issues or cardiac issues, Triphala is the ultimate solution for it
- Triphala also serves as an anti-cancer formulation in herbal medicines.
- Triphala is used very well for above 2000 years.
- It also comes with strong polyphenols and flavonoids that come with properties like anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antidiarrheal, etc.
- Triphala is a combination of three different herbal fruits in the form of powder.
- Triphala is considered to be the best versatile herbal formulations that are common in 8 out of 10 houses.
- Triphala comes in 5 tastes popular in Ayurveda, which includes bitter, sweet, astringent, sour, and pungent.
- The Ayurvedic powder is mostly taken on an empty stomach.
What is Triphala?
Heard too much about Triphala benefits? But confused what exactly Triphala is?
Ayurveda is a widely accepted medicinal therapy for various health issues that come with long-term health benefits. There are several herbal formulations that have helped in curing various health problems of the root. Triphala is one among the staple formulations in Ayurveda.
Triphala is a herbal churna, or say herbal powder, that is made from three herbal fruits. The word Triphala reveals the secret behind its formation where Tri means three and phalamean fruit. It is made from three herbal fruits namely Amla, Haritaki, and Bibhitaki that come with a number of nutrients and other properties. Apart from all these, Guggulu is also added to the powder formation for some of the therapies. The magical powder is popular for having a control over the three doshas, namely vatta, pitta, and Kapha, popular by the name Pitta Dosha.
What are the Triphala Benefits Would Help You Out In?
Triphala in Ayurveda is also known as “the nectar of life”, as it is the perfect solution for ever minor to major health issues. The herbal fruits are mixed with equal proportions to form the magical churna, which help in the following health and hair benefits.
Here are some of the health benefits of including Triphala in your routine on daily basis.
1. Are You Having Digestion Problems? Start with Triphala for The Ultimate Cure
Whether you are suffering from digestion problems or constipation, Triphala helps in the form of a laxative for stimulating the movements of the bowels in the stomach. The powder comes with antibacterial properties which stimulate the process of metabolism in the body, that indirectly smoothens the digestive system. Problems like indigestion, IBS, constipation, etc. can be cured overnight with the help of Triphala.
2. For Balancing The Three Doshas
The main reason for any of the health issue is an imbalance in any of the three basic doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Imbalance in Vata can lead to health issues related to nervous system and immune system. Similarly, any imbalance in Pitta would lead to issues in the metabolism of the body that controls the digestive system, while the Kapha is related to the integrity of the structure. Triphala powder benefits include maintaining the balance of all the three doshas, which provides with a healthy living.
3. Want to Reduce Some Weight? Triphala is Also Effective for Such People
Tired of that bulky look? That is nothing but the storage of fats in the body, which is unrequired. This also happens when your intake food that is rich in carbs and fats too. Triphala helps by increasing metabolism in the body that helps in reducing weight. Taking Triphala on daily basis helps in removing that extra fat from the body, especially, from the hip and a waist portion.
All you need to do is take a spoon of Triphala powder with lots of water.
4. Removes Toxins Out of The Body
Having blood purification issues that result in health problems on the lungs and liver like bronchitis, jaundice, etc.? Here is a natural healer for it. Triphalachurna benefits also include this important issue. It helps in purifying the blood and also improves its circulation in the body by cleaning the lungs and liver.
5. Triphala as an Immune Booster
Triphala benefits include the immune system also. Triphala powder comes with antioxidant features that help in fighting against various kind of fevers and other minor and major health issues by providing your immune system with a boost. It makes your body strong that helps in fighting any kind of health problem.
6. Having High Cholesterol Levels? Begin With Triphala to Maintain It
Triphala comes with an ingredient named Bibhitaki, which is highly beneficial in reducing or maintaining cholesterol levels, blood pressure levels, diabetes, etc. Hence, taking Triphalachurna would help in regulating the blood pressure levels, that helps in reducing the level of cholesterol and regulating it also with ease.
7. For Protection from Bacterial and Viral Infections
The benefits of Triphala also includes common and serious infections that are caused due to bacteria or any kind of virus. Triphala is made from herbal fruits that come with anti-bacterial and anti-viral elements. Hence, it helps the body by protecting it from viral infections, bacterial infections, AIDS, etc. Similarly, it works as an anti-allergic for fighting against allergies which is helpful for sensitive people.
8. Helps in Prevention of Some Cancers
This might shock you, but Triphala powder benefits also include prevention of particular cancers. It comes with power ingredients that combine forming an anti-cancer property that helps in prevention of cancer. The churna comes with effects that are radioprotective, chemoprotective, and antineoplastic that help in the prevention of cancer.
9. For Improving Vision
The Triphala benefits not only include health issues but also helps in solving problems related to the eyes. It helps in making your eye muscles strong to fight against diseases like glaucoma in the initial stages, conjunctivitis, cataracts, etc. Hence, Triphala helps in improving the eyesight also.
10. Having Hair Problems? Triphala Can Help You With It
Triphala not only helps in health issues but also help in various hair problems also. It comes with an ingredient Bibhitaki, that helps in strengthening the hair. It purifies the blood and other toxins that are harmful, which helps in healthy growth of the hair. The Triphala benefits for hair helps in making the root of your hair strong which helps in problems like hair fall, early whitening of hair, etc.
11. For Reducing Pain and Blockages
Benefits of Triphala include relief from pain and blockages in the body also. The fruits it is made of help with analgesic properties that aids in reducing any kind of body pain or muscle pain, as well as it also helps in prevention of unwanted blockages in the body.
12. Facing Dental Problems or Cavities? Triphala is Helpful In that Too
Triphalachurna benefits also include the list of dental problems and cavities. It comes with properties like antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, etc. which helps in the prevention of the formation of plaque, gingivitis, cavities, etc. Taking Triphala on regular basis would prevent you from the formation of plague and other gum inflammation and keeps your teeth and gums strong.
Triphala benefits henceforth are not only limited to minor health issues, but it is also beneficial for several serious diseases too. It is a herbal formulation that cures your health issues of the roots giving you a healthy gut for a healthy life. The Triphala benefits for hair and skin proves that it is an all-rounder herbal option.
What is The Best Way to Take Triphala?
Along with Triphala benefits, it is also important to know the best way to have it. No doubt, Triphala is made up of fruits, but they are not eatable fruits, as they are astringent and bitter in taste. This means one needs to have proper knowledge of the function and the dosage. Triphala is available in both forms like a powder or churna and capsules.
If you are going with the capsules, you simply wouldn’t feel the taste as you have to simply swallow it. However, there are people who open the capsules for a proper measurement and have it with water too. The other way of taking it is in the form of powder, which is taken with either hot water or normal temperature water. The powder is considered to be the most effective way of taking it rather than the capsules.
What Are The Side Effects of Triphala?
Just as there are Triphala benefits, it comes with certain side-effects too. Generally, the Ayurvedic formation is advisable for everyone, it comes with some potential side effects also. Triphala comes in the form of natural laxative, due to which some may get side effects like abdominal pain, diarrhoea, etc. if taken in more quantity.
It is also not recommended for pregnant women and lactating women. It is not also advisable for the children. Also, the individuals who are already on particular medications, that includes blood thinner medicines should avoid taking Triphala. The powder comes with an ingredient named Amla, which may increase the chances of developing bruises or bleeding, due to which it is also not advisable to the people facing bleeding problems.
It is henceforth recommended to seek the advice of your doctor before starting with Triphala, along with the dosage details.
So, are you ready to begin with this natural healer? Ask your doctor and gift yourself some natural health.