How to Unclog a Drain With Simple Techniques?
We all get burdened with the tasks of cleaning the house drains at one point or the other. Be it in the kitchen, washrooms or the dirt that has stuck in the AC units, removing it is a heavy task. Moreover, the ending smell is the worst part and we go through it all. Clogging does cause some major inconvenience but you can take over this issue without the help of a plumber if you are aware of the tricks that you can apply at home.Therefore, to your relief, there are several home remedies that would ease your confusion on how to unclog a drain. Read this blog to its complete length to get a plenty of perfect ideas on how to unclog drain easily, without any hassle.
Below are some solutions to the everyday problems that we face and simple methods on how to unclog a drain naturally. Take a quick read through them.
How to Unclog a Drain With Baking Soda and Vinegar?
Below are a simple few steps which you can follow for treating the clogged drain. Here they go as follows.
- Boil the water to a great extent and then pour it down the unclean drain.
- Drop in half-a-cup of baking soda and let it settle down for a few minutes.
- Now, pour a mixture of vinegar and hot water over the top of baking soda, cover the drain plug and let it sit for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- At last, flush down the drain with boiling water for one last time.
Since baking soda’s chemical reaction with vinegar will loosen up the grime till the bottom of the drain and finally hot water will rinse the dirt off completely.
How to Unclog a Shower Drain?
Shower drains usually get filled with the residue from hard water, soap, hair, etc., and to clean that stuff can prove tiresome.If you do not know the best solution on how to unclog shower drain, then pay heed to the points listed below:
- Use a plunger to suck up the excess deposited dirt in the drain. Move it up and down for at least five to ten times to get hold of the accumulated dirt.
- You can even use baking soda for this task, and use it in the same manner as explained in the above-mentioned points.
- There are other alternatives in the form of hand snake and wired hanger to pull off hair clogs and which generally lead to blockage of water.
How to Unclog a Sink Drain?
There are a plenty of ways to treat the dirt that has deposited in the kitchen sink or the bathroom sink. If you looking for an answer on how to unclog a kitchen drain or stuck on how to unclog bathroom sink drain, then you can implement these following steps to ease the task:
- Use a wire hanger or plunger to get hold of the leftover vegetable or fruit peels that might deposit down the drain. You can even use a plunger for that matter.
- Clean the P-trap, which is the connection between the pipes of the sinks. Remove the debris or any blocking material with the help of a wire brush and rinse it with hot water.
- You can even use the baking soda remedy for this case as well. Follow the similar steps to unclog the sink.
Don’t miss to read 7 Handy Tips in Kitchen That You Will Certainly Love!
How to Unclog a Bathtub Drain With Standing Water?
Jamming is the biggest problem that one faces in the case of clogged drain. Moreover, standing water might prove to be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects which might cause health issues.And in that situation, using bleach is an effective method and a perfect answer to how to unclog tub drain. Follow these instructions to use this technique efficiently.
- Take a cup of diluted bleach and pour it into the bathtub drain.
- Now turn on the tap to let the gushing water rush in the drain and clean the excess dirt.
- In case, the sink starts filling up with water, then you can stop the flow of water for a while and let it drain.
- Avoid using bleach if you use a septic tank.
Hope you got an insight on how to unclog bathtub with bleach, but there are other alternatives as well which are curated below.
- Baking soda – the use of which has been already mentioned above.
- Make use of a plunger to bring up the unwanted material by moving it in up and down sequence. Use torch light to check out where the problem is.
- For the visible clogging materials like hairballs, make use of rubber gloves to clean the stuff.
How to Unclog AC Drain Pipe?
If you are stuck on how to unclog a drain in the air conditioner, then here are a few simple tips for you to complete this task:
- White vinegar is the best remedy to remove the AC drains as they have the tendency to clean up the dirt faster than you think. It is recommended to use this technique every now and then to keep the pipes free from algae.
- You can also choose to use a wet vacuum instead to clean the excess junk. A strong suction can do wonders and can clean up the dirt in one go.
- Bleach can also aid in this task so pour cup of the same to remove the deposited residue.
Read this article and learn how to get rid of gnats and fruit flies with some of the best home remedies.
Using chemical cleaners can also prove effective, and you can choose to buy them accordingly. There are several brands which supply good quality cleaning chemicals which can prove effective. Select the ones which suit you the best. However, the remedies mentioned above are simple and can be quickly found out in almost every home. On a final note, hopefully, this write-up might have given you a brief idea for the steps on how to unclog a drain so that you wouldn’t have to worry much about the clogged drains.