Table of Contents Hide
- How to Apply Concealer Step by Step?
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Concealer as the name signifies is used to conceal black spots, freckles, dark circles etc. The first thing that comes to our mind on hearing this word is how to apply concealer. All of us want a clear and flawless skin to look their best. However, dark circles, acnes, pigmentation, large pores etc. are the real hurdles to a perfect radiant skin.
A concealer can easily get rid of these skin problems temporarily, and you look gorgeous. The concealer should be applied carefully and in a step-by-step manner as discussed below.
How to Apply Concealer Step by Step?
Step 1: Identify Your Skin Type
First and foremost, you need to understand your skin type and colour.
- Depending on the same, you need to decide how to choose the concealer. It is always advisable to select the concealer which matches your skin tone. It gives you a natural look rather than an uneven and imperfect artificial look.
- Apply a bit of this cosmetic on the face and check if it perfectly blends in the skin.
- Applying concealer is an art and special care needs to be taken for it. However, always remember in case of pigmentation, birthmarks, and dark circles, always use one tone lighter shade as it will mask them.
- It is available in both liquid and powder form. The liquid form is usually for dry and scaly skin whereas powder form suits best for oily skin.
Step 2: Clean Your Face Before Applying a Concealer
The second step is to clean your face before applying a concealer.
- Wash your face with a gentle face wash and pat dry.
- Now apply a moisturizer depending on the nature of the skin. Concealer forms the base of any make-up.
- If you have dark circles under your eyes, then it is important to understand, how to conceal dark circles under eyes.
- The eyes are therefore the first area where the concealer needs to be applied. In the case of dark circles, always remember to select 1-2 shades lighter than your skin. This will help in getting the perfect look and there are no uneven patches.
- Eyes are delicate sensory organs and it is essential to know how to apply eye concealer under the eyes. You can do it either way: using the fingertips or with the help of a makeup brush.
- Take sufficient amount of concealer on the brush and gently it dabs it under the eyes. Spread it evenly over the surface so that it blends completely. Always start from the inside corner of the under eyes and move outwards till the dark circles are completely hidden. This is the method of how to apply concealer to dark circles.
- Never rub the under eye surface as it may damage the sensitive skin. Therefore, always understand the basics right as to how to apply concealer under eyes. To get the flawless look, dab some powder on the ridges of nostrils or the nose lines for uniformity.
- It is equally important to apply concealer around the brows of the eyes and the on the base of the eyelids. If you have a mark or a black spot on these regions, use a pencil concealer and hide the marks. In case the mark is spread across the region, apply a primer first and then dab the area with concealer powder. With a brush spread it evenly on the surface. Be very gentle while spreading the concealer. The eye region has very soft skin and can be damaged easily. Never rub the surface.
Step 3: Hide The Acnes and Other Marks Using Concealer
The next step is to hide the acnes and other marks on the face.
- It is important to understand where to apply concealer after applying it on the eyes.
- Take sufficient quantity of concealer and apply it on the marks and blemishes. How to apply concealer on blemishes is explained below:-
- Dab the concealer gently and spread with a make-up brush. It is better to give outward strokes along with circular movement while spreading the cosmetic on the face. This will blend it in a perfect way.
- To set it better apply a layer of foundation evenly all over the face followed by a compact powder. This gives you an even skin tone.
- A concealer will temporarily hide your marks. In due course of the day, it will lose effect and the marks will again reappear. Therefore, for a longer lasting effect apply little more of compact powder on the affected areas. This is how you can put on the concealer for a longer time.
Therefore to conclude, concealer is an essential element for any makeup. Hence, it needs to be applied appropriately so that the makeup comes out perfectly. The above-mentioned steps are important to hide the unwanted marks. You will get a flawless and radiant skin. Undoubtedly, it is a temporary but effective method.