A Color is individual, natural, magnetic, influential, emotional, therapeutic and joyful and the emotions it stirs are a vital part of a woman’s beauty and charm. A Colour Guide is an absolute essential for today’s smart and edgy woman!!Everyone’s hair, skin, and even eye color are different and hence how to choose clothing color and figuring out what color looks good on you can become a major task.
Colour Intelligent women look more in control, more confident, more self-assured and ultimately more attractive when you know how to choose the right colors for yourself. If you know how to mix colors well, you will be one step ahead of the game, as a well-coordinated outfit colorwise always looks more harmonious and elegant than something worn at random, unless you are so lucky and pick your colors right at random!!
If you want to know What Colour Clothes will Look Good on You, Read Here…
To know what colors look good on you, and which colors flatter your skin and make you look good, you need to have a deep and clear knowledge about a few things. To decide how to choose your clothing color the following parameters can be taken into account:
- The color of your skin
- The color of your eye & hair
- The Shape & Height of your body
- The Weather
- The Trends of the season
- The Makeup & Accessories
Clothing Color According to Color of Your Skin
Colors of your clothes when matched with your skin tone form the basis of impeccable styling. Your skin can fall under any of the following tones:
- Fair/Pale skin
- Olive/Brown /Medium skin
- Deep/Black skin
Do You Know How to Plan a Basic Wardrobe for Girls? If No, Fret Not! Let’s See Figure Out Here…
Confused about your skin color?? It’s fairly simple to know your skin color. All you got to do is check your wrist if. The layer of skin is the thinnest at the wrist area.
- If your veins appear bluish purple then you are Cool Toned and belong to the Fair & pale skin category.
- If your veins appear Green then you are Warm Toned and probably blessed with a medium or brown or Olive Skin tone.
- And if you can’t figure it out then you simply are fortunate to have a Neutral Skin Tone and have the best of both the worlds.
Warm Skin tones have earthy undertones like Yellow, Olive. Golden, Copper, Orange, Bronze.
Cool Skin tones, on the other hand, have jewel undertones like Pink, Red, Blue, Rose, Magenta.
But which color flatter your skin tone the most? Which color brings out the natural radiance of your skin?
If you belong to the pale skin category and have a fairy-like fair skin some things work and some do not. Your beautiful English Rose complexion will mean that earthy colors will suit you best. Browns and greens will really make you glow, and don’t be afraid to wear red! For more chic and less “colorful” options, Navy blue, Dark grey and Ivory will look amazing.
Let’s Know Here – 13 different Styles of Denim Jeans for Girls…
Say NO! To colors like black, white, marl grey, sky blue, bright pink, neon or purple. If you do want to wear pink, go for one with a yellowish, golden undertone like coral.
For women of Clear, Olive, Medium, brown Skin Tones clear colors will compliment your clean complexion. Berry, wine, and other deep reds will look stunning as evening wear. Whereas cream, turquoise and aqua will really look phenomenal. Gold, Bronze, and Copper are a great way to bring out the colour of your skin.
Colors that won’t look as good are bright yellow, lilac and pale blue and Lime Greens. This is true for most African-American and women of Indian descent. Look for colors that make your face really glow, and pay attention when people say you’re looking well – you are probably wearing a color that really suits your skin tone.
Black or Deep Skin Tones can feel awesome when wearing warm colors (yellow, pink, orange etc.) when you are wearing browns, blues, and dark greens, you should make sure that they make a contrast with your skin tone, even if the contrast is quite small.
Color Clothing According to your Eye Colour and Hair Color
The color of your eyes and hair also add to a major part of coloring your clothes. The right color clothing, when paired with the correct eye and hair color, can make a strong yet subtle impact.
Cool skin undertones in the skin are characterized by the skin leaning more towards pink, red or blue. Hair color shades that look good for cool skin tones include shiny raven-wing blacks, cool blondes and ash browns. Match the color of your outfits to that of your hair and eyes.
Warm undertones are common in skins that are more golden, peachy or yellow. Sky and sea shades work excellently with darker skin tones and those with grey or blonde hair. The clear, blue tones will really enhance your features, bringing out the fabulous color of your eyes and hair.
Here are a few quick tips on complementing the colors of your clothes with your eyes and hair.
- Blond hair and blue eyes- Blues, blue-greens, light greens and turquoises are very flattering.
- Blond hair and green eyes- Greens, oranges, and blues are cute.
- Blond hair and hazel/brown eyes- Browns, purples, reds, pinks, and oranges are ideal.
- Blond hair, gray eyes- Any color except light yellows will look great.
- Brown hair and blue eyes- Reds, oranges, pinks, and yellows are nice
- Brown hair and hazel/brown eyes- Earth and dark tones and light blues will look good.
- Brown hair and gray eyes- Any shade of blue, purple, black and grays are awesome.
- Red hair and blue/gray eyes- Light oranges, purples, black and green are flattering.
- Red hair and green/hazel/brown eyes- Any shade of purple, dark and light greens, black, and earthy colors are cool.
- Dark hair- You will look good in almost any color!