Table of Contents Hide
We sometimes feel guilty after we devour a bowl of potato chips or a chocolate. Sometimes it becomes difficult to resist from chocolate ice cream or butter chicken. Don’t worry; you are not the only one who is guilty about it. Every second person has this concern towards maintaining weight in their ideal range. Being overweight can affect one’s self-esteem and undoubtedly can affect the health of the individual, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart attack to name a few. Now let us see what could be the natural home remedies for safe weight loss.
Nowadays, a lot of weight loss pills and supplements are available in the market that promises to reduce weight drastically within a short period of time. But these pills and supplements can be dangerous as it can lead to side effects. Hence remedies consisting of natural ingredients that are easily available at home are always advantageous because it causes no side effects and is effective. However, using natural home remedies for safe weight loss only aid in our efforts of losing weight. Hence apart from the natural home remedies for safe weight loss, we should always have healthy dietary choices which will help us for effective weight loss.
What are The Natural Home Remedies for Safe Weight Loss?
Consider of having cabbage in a raw form or boiled form as a part of the diet plan.
- Vitamin A and Vitamin C that are present in abundance in Cabbage can increase the metabolism of the body and enhances the breakdown of carbohydrates.
- The presence of tartaric acid can inhibit the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fats.
- Fibre present in cabbage improves digestion and helps in flushing out the toxins present in the body.
How Should We Have Cabbage?
Cabbage can be consumed raw or boiled, as an addition in salad. Even the juice form of cabbage is also beneficial.
2. Honey and Lemon
The combination of honey and lemon work wonders towards relieving from increased body weight. Many people drink honey with warm water and lemon juice at the start of the day to stimulate weight loss.
- Though honey is a sugar, it also contains nutrients like protein, energy, fibre and vitamins and minerals. Honey is a good source of minerals like calcium, sodium, potassium and phosphorus and vitamins like folate, niacin, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. These nutrients help in the metabolism of the body thus utilizing the fat and converting it to usable energy.
- Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C that triggers the liver function and thus the fat metabolism. It also increases the function of an antioxidant called glutathione that is needed for detoxification and slimming.
How to Prepare?
Take a glass of lukewarm water and add a teaspoon of honey and 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Add a pinch of pepper powder to it. Mix well. Drink this juice on empty stomach, first thing in the morning. It acts as a natural weight reducer.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been gaining popularity for improving the tone of skin and also adding the bounce into the hair. But is it an effective tool for weight loss?
Why Aloe Vera for Weight Loss?
- Aloe Vera is brimmed with various nutrients like vitamin A, B vitamins, Folic acid and Vitamin C that help to burn out the calories and thus reduce the body fat.
- Aloe Vera promotes the production of Collagen which is essential for muscle development. Collagen helps in speeding up the metabolism and allows the food to be stored in the intestine for shorter period of time.
- It is a laxative that helps in digesting the food and detoxifying the body.
How to Prepare?
Clean the Aloe Vera leaf. Cut it lengthwise and squeeze out the juice. Mix this juice with lemon juice. Add water and sweetener of your choice, stir it for few minutes. Drink this juice regularly. You can add a tablespoon of honey to the juice instead of any other sweetener. This will help in improving metabolism and stimulating proper digestion.
4. Curry Leaves
Thought curry leaves has been used in dishes for improving flavor, these leaves also aids in weight loss. Hence instead of discarding curry leaves from the plate, do consume these leaves.
- Curry leaves contains an alkaloid called mahanimbine that has anti obesity and lipid lowering capacity. Hence it helps to chuck out the accumulated fat and reduces the triglycerides and cholesterol levels in the body thereby reducing obesity.
- Curry leaves help in improving digestion and naturally cleanses the body and flushes out the toxins.
How to Use?
Eat 7 to 8 full grown curry leaves in the morning at least thrice a week to maintain the healthy body. If it’s not possible to have curry leaves in leaf form, prepare curry leaves powder and have a teaspoon of it every day.
5. Fennel Seeds Water
Fennel seeds, though contains potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin A and Vitamin C, it have a number of benefits that promotes weight loss.
- Having fennel seeds boosts or accelerates metabolism. Hence the calories that we consume are used up in the body and helps to burn fat in the body.
- Fennel seed water helps to relax the stomach muscles and prevents muscle contraction. Hence this water is beneficial to deal with hunger pangs and we feel less hungry.
- Fennel seed water encourages the production of melatonin, a hormone that is responsible for sleep cycle and prevents insomnia. Hence a good night sleep of 6 to 8 hours is also essential for appropriate weight management.
How to Prepare?
Take 1-liter water and bring it to boil in pot. Just put 2 table spoons fennel seeds and put out the heat immediately. Cover the pot with a lid and allow it cool. Transfer this water to a bottle and you can sip it occasionally for the whole day.
Hence these natural home remedies are very safe enough for weight loss. But you need to be patient as these remedies take time to show its effect. And remember these are just the natural home remedies for safe weight loss, physical activity and exercise along with proper dietary management throughout the day is also essential for achieving an ideal body weight.